Chief Bodine hopes to hand out a lot of tickets this summer.
The Wellsboro Police Department has partnered with Peggy’s Candies in order to promote their new STING program in the community. In order to keep school a fun, safe and positive environment, students are encouraged to remember STING: a guide to a positive school environment. Children who are caught around town by local police doing the right thing will receive a ticket for free ice cream. This program applies to any child with exemplary behavior, both visitors and residents.
What does STING mean?
- Remember to use your manners when speaking
- Speak positively and kindly
- Think before you speak or react
- Avoid vulgar language
- Believe in yourself and others
- Make the best of every situation
- Be aware of your impact on others
- Encourage others to try new things, accept differences and be authentic
- Set good examples – someone might look up to you
- Be the face of a leader
- Include everyone in activities
- Go the extra mile – do something “just because” and without being asked
- Be aware of what’s going on around you
- Acknowledge positive behaviors in others
- Report any concerns to an adult
- Take actions to meet others needs
Go Hornets! – Take pride in your school
- Respect your teachers, principals, all adults and other students
- Be supportive of all school programs
- Participate in Theme Weeks
- Represent your school with class
The STING program will begin once school is out for the summer.