Susquehanna Health opens new local Cancer Center!
Today’s feature story is good news for Tioga County residents who are, (or who have loved ones), fighting cancer. Susquehanna Health opened their brand new cancer center at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital this week.
In recent years Tioga County has demonstrated an increased need for access to cancer care. Given the complexity of cancer treatments and the many procedures required with some patients, Tioga County residents have had to travel significant distances to receive care. But now, this new state-of-the-art facility will provide comprehensive cancer care right here in Tioga County, including support services to better treat the full spectrum of patient needs.
Designed with patients in mind, the new center features:
- Expert medical oncologists and a dedicated nurse practitioner
- State-of-the-art facility with highly rated quality care
- Medical oncology and chemotherapy services open four days per week
- Six chemotherapy treatment chairs
- Four examination rooms with calm, healing colors and furnishings
- Convenient parking and a healing garden
Comprehensive cancer care, including support services to treat the whole patient, including:
- Nutrition counseling
- Physical therapy
- Support groups
- Social workers
- Financial counseling
- Survivorship care clinic
- American Cancer Society services
Wellsboro Home Page is grateful to have Susquehanna Health as part of our family of advertisers. Their commitment to our community and caring for the people here in Tioga County is outstanding.
To reach the Wellsboro center, call (570) 723-2855.